The goal of the Spring Hockey Program at Bowie is to provide players the opportunity to develop their skills during the time period immediately prior to tryouts. The program has grown steadily since it's inauguration in 2013.
Spring Hockey players are coached mainly by current Bowie coaches but there are also outside coaches for skill and skating development and goalie training.
2018 SPRING HOCKEY
3 on 3 Spring Hockey is a unique hockey experience for boys and girls. "3 on 3" is a high tempo, skills-based game on a smaller ice surface that creates a much faster-paced game that gives players more opportunities to handle the puck and faster decision making abilities. Each player will receive a significant amount of ice time and improved development in all aspects of the game of hockey.
Our goal for Spring is to have 36-44 skaters and 5 goalies. Registration is based on first come/first serve basis.
- Three 1 hr high-intensity, skill sessions focused on Power skating, Small area games and Play-making and Hockey IQ
- Three 1 hr high-intensity, high tempo games, half-ice games
- 45-60 second high tempo shifts
- Goaltenders will see more shots
- FUN, fast paced hockey (NO CHECKING)
- Great Instruction from Dave Perry
- Spring T-Shirt 3 on 3 included
Note: Teams will consist of 9-11 skaters and one goalie. Teams will change each session.
8U Birth Years - 2010-2014
10U Birth Years - 2008 - 2009
12U Birth Years - 2006 - 2007
14U Birth Years - 2004 - 2005
16U/18U Birth Years - 2000 - 2003